Miciah Jones, DO, FACC
Miciah Jones DO is an interventional cardiologist at First Coast Heart and Vascular Center. He completed residency and fellowships in the south suburbs of Chicago at Franciscan St. James Health. He joined First Coast Heart in 2019.
Dr. Jones believes an excellent interventional cardiologist must also be an excellent general cardiologist. As such his clinical focus includes preventive cardiology, general cardiology, acute heart attack care and both non-invasive and invasive/interventional management of peripheral and coronary artery disease.
Originally from Rock Island, IL, Dr. Jones attended Florida State University where he received his Bachelor of Science with a degree in Exercise Physiology. He spent 2 years working as a certified personal trainer with a focus on helping prevent cardiovascular disease and helping people with a history of cardiovascular disease.
In 2012 Dr. Jones graduated from Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine in Bradenton, FL, then started his clinical training with Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine at Franciscan St. James Health in Internal Medicine, where he was the Chief Medicine Resident in his final year. He stayed within the same system to complete his Cardiovascular Disease and Interventional Cardiology Fellowships.
His interventional cardiology training included advanced techniques in coronary and peripheral interventions. During his fellowships, Dr. Jones became an Adjunct Faculty member at Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine and began teaching a new generation of physicians. Because of his passion for teaching, he was elected Fellow of the Year in back to back years (2016, 2017) by his peers and selected by his peers to lead the program’s Resident/Fellow Forum.
Dr. Jones enjoys using his strong background in teaching, exercise physiology, and cardiovascular disease to truly help his patients understand their medical conditions and live their healthiest lives.
Dr. Jones is AOBIM Board Certified in Interventional Cardiology, Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease. Dr. Jones is also certified by the National Board of Echocardiography in adult echocardiography and the Certification of Board Nuclear Cardiology.
With his free time, Dr. Jones enjoys spending time with his wife, Erin, and his two children as well as playing soccer and basketball.
- Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine in Bradenton, FL
Residency & Fellowship
- Internal Medicine – Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine at Franciscan St. James Health
- Cardiovascular Disease Fellowship – Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine at Franciscan St. James Health
- Interventional Cardiology Fellowship – Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine at Franciscan St. James Health
Licensure & Board Certifications
- AOBIM Board Certified, Interventional Cardiology
- AOBIM Board Certified, Internal Medicine
- AOBIM Board Certified, Cardiovascular Disease
- Board Certified in Nuclear Cardiology.
- Board Certified in Echocardiography through NBE (National Board of Echocardiography
Dr. Jones recommends these websites for his patients: