Gayle Martin, MD, FACC has been trained in the diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular disease. She received her medical degree from the University of Mississippi and completed her cardiology fellowship through the Jacksonville Health Education Program associated with the University of Florida at University Hospital, which is now Shands Hospital in Jacksonville, Fla.
Dr. Martin is board certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in Cardiovascular Disease, but more importantly, she has many years of experience in the diagnosis and treatment of heart disease and related cardiovascular problems.
Dr. Martin’s philosophy is whether she is seeing a patient for chest pain evaluation, cholesterol management, the treatment of coronary artery disease or management of congestive heart failure, she believes that all of these problems require a personalized approach and treatment customized to the individual. She utilizes her education and clinical expertise to direct a patient’s care or to offer a second opinion concerning many problems encountered by the heart patient.
Dr. Martin takes a vital interest in preventive cardiology.
Residency & Fellowship
- Internal Medicine Residency – University of Mississippi
- Cardiology Fellowship – Jacksonville Health Education Program associated with University of Florida
Licensure & Board certifications
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease
- Vascular Web – Carotid Stenting
- Effect of Sleep Apnea and Continuous Positive Airway Pressure on Cardiac Structure and Recurrence of Atrial Fibrillation
- Orange Park Medical Center