Ameeth Vedre, MD, FACC
Dr. Ameeth Vedre, MD, FACC, FACP, FASE, FASNC is a Non-invasive Cardiologist and Cardiac Imaging Specialist. He is passionate about both general and preventive cardiology. He brings that passion, together with his extensive knowledge, to the patients of First Coast Heart & Vascular Center.
Dr. Vedre attended M.S. Ramaiah Medical College in Bangalore, India, graduating with the highest honors of his graduating class in 2000. Following an internal medicine residency at Michigan State University’s Hurley Medical Center, Dr. Vedre completed a clinical outcomes research fellowship at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor before returning to Michigan State University to complete a basic science cardiovascular research fellowship and a 3-year Clinical Cardiology Fellowship, with a focus on echocardiography, nuclear and cardiac PET expertise at Michigan State University, East Lansing. He served as the co-chief in his final year.
Dr. Vedre also received additional training at advanced cardiac imaging fellowship program in cardiac MRI at Duke University in Durham, N.C. and Duke Cardiac MRI Training practicum. Throughout his Cardiology fellowship and practice he gained expertise in cardiac CT as well and maintains a level 2 COCATS certification.
Dr. Vedre utilizes multi-modality cardiac imaging and collaborates with fellow physicians and local hospitals to ensure each patient receives the highest quality care possible.
After completing his medical training, Dr. Vedre moved to Jacksonville to be closer to family. When Dr. Vedre is not working he enjoys spending time with his family. He also enjoys travel and table tennis, a sport he played competitively. Dr. Vedre enjoys watching the Spartans and the Blue Devils play since he attended both Duke and Michigan State, but has a hard time when they play each other.
Dr. Vedre is ABIM Board Certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease. He is also Board Certified by the American Board of Nuclear Cardiology and the National Board Echocardiology.
- M.S. Ramaiah Medical College in Bangalore, India
Residency & Fellowship
- Internal Medicine – Michigan State University’s Hurley Medical Center
- Clinical outcomes research fellowship at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
- Basic science cardiovascular research fellowship Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI
- 3-year Clinical Cardiology Fellowship, with a focus on echocardiography, nuclear and cardiac PET expertise at Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI
- Advanced cardiac imaging fellowship program in cardiac MRI at Duke University in Durham, N.C. and Duke Cardiac MRI Training practicum
Licensure & Board Certifications
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease
- Level 2 COCATS certification
- Board Certified in Echocardiography through NBE (National Board of Echocardiography)
- CBNC/Nuclear Board certified
Dr. Vedre speaks Telugu, Urdu, Hindi, Tamil, Kannada, Punjabi, & Medical Spanish.
- Brooks Rehab
- Memorial Hospital
- Vincent Medical Center South
- Orange Park Medical Center
Dr. Vedre recommends these websites for his patients: